Created: July 24, 2015
Last Updated: July 24, 2015
Vuier, Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.vuier.com (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, keeping, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Website (including desktop and mobile versions).
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
• When you interact with this Website through third-party social media platforms.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Vuier or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Our Website is not intended for minors. Only adults’ at least 18-years old that have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction may access this Website. We prohibit all persons who do not meet the age requirements from accessing this Website. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from or about minors, and minors may not access this Website or use its services.
Under 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), we notify you that parental control protections (including computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. You may find information about providers of these protections on the Internet by searching “parental control protection” or similar terms. If minors have access to your computer, please restrain their access to sexually explicit material by using any of the following products provided for informational purposes only and not endorsed by us: CYBERsitter™ | Net Nanny® | CyberPatrol | ASACP.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or service, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, bank account information, credit card information (we do not store credit card information on our servers, it all goes to our payment processors), or any other information that the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under law (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, including your age and gender; or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filing in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or service.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your requests. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or to receive payments from us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “user contributions”). Your user contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Thus, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may keep it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies, but you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Vuier, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please see All about cookies.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for payment or for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
• To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Vuier’s assets, whether as a going concerning or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Vuier about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for payment or for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vuier, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices about the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Marketing communications. At this time, we do not intend to send users advertising or marketing materials. If we do in the future, you can opt-out by (1) following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any marketing email you receive from us or (2) sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails, including service announcements and administrative notices.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your user contributions from the Website, copies of your user contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including user contributions, is governed by our terms of service.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vuier complies with Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws and regulations including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Residents of Canada are notified that the personal information they provide to Vuier is stored in Vuier’s databases outside of Canada including in the United States and may be subject to disclosure to authorized law enforcement or government agencies in response to lawful demand under the laws of that country.
If you need to contact Vuier about your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide you the ability to opt-out. But we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information about DNT signals, you may visit all about dnt.
This Website complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you reasonably believe your copyrighted work has been used or posted by a third party without your consent, you may follow the instructions here at the Digital Millennium Copyright Act on how to report it.
By submitting a copyright infringement notice or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through the Website), you consent to have these communications forwarded to the person or entity who stored, transmitted, or linked to the content addressed by your communication, in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. We forward DMCA infringement notices (including any personally identifying information contained in the notices) as submitted to us without any deletions.